Marc Fargas Mas, born in Cambrils in 1963, is the director of the ERCROS Industrial Complex in Tarragona. He graduated in Chemical Sciences from the University of Barcelona (Faculty of Tarragona), and began his professional career in 1989 when he began working at Erkimia (ERCROS group) as an assistant to the head of the ethyl acetate plant, where he had various responsibilities over the following years: head of the Technical Office, head of Maintenance, head of the Engineering Department and head of the Operations Department. In 2002 he was appointed director of the ERCROS factory in Tarragona.
After the merger of ERCROS with the Aragonesas Group in 2005, he was appointed director of the factory in Flix, a position he held from 2006 to 2012, when he became director of the Tarragona Industrial Complex, which currently has a staff of 315 of its own workers and 110 external personnel. As director of the Complex, he also holds the following positions:
- Manager and CEO of ERCEKOL, AIE (electrical distribution and management between ERCROS, NITRICOMAX, IQOXE, Sekisui, CELANESE and Carburos Metálicos)
- Member of the Board of Directors and President of the Communication Committee of AEQT (Chemical Business Association of Tarragona)
- CEO of AITASA (Aguas Industriales de Tarragona)
- Member of the Board of Directors of Dixquímicos (distribution of chemical products by pipeline)
- President of the Chemical Fire Station for the South and the Port
- Member of the Board of Directors of ChemMed, Mediterranean Chemical Cluster.